This page contains useful information and links to useful websites that the Center for Aging & Values believes can help you to better manage the challenges of aging. We update this page frequently, so bookmark it and comeback to see what we’ve added!
Insurance Plans Covering Substance Abuse Treatment and Mental Illness
Current changes to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as proposed by the Trump Administration include offering low-cost plans. On first read, this sounds great. However, when you read the fine print, you will note that the reason the plans are so “reasonable” is that they really don’t offer much coverage. This is especially true when it comes to issues such as treating mental illness and substance abuse. To help make your choice wisely, read through this fact sheet before you decide on any low-cost plans.
End of Life Planning
- Physician Ordered Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
- Advance Directives and Having Difficult Conversations (PREPARE)
- Personal property and finances (Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate)
Adaptation and Accommodation
- Hearing Aids Hearing aid guide
- 10- point Matrix Elder-Friendly Metrics
Shelf-Help (Informative Books)
Who Will Take Care of Me When I Am Old ?by Joyce Loverde (2017, Lifelong Books)